There are many factors to consider when choosing a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to run an insurance agency. Agency management need a solution that handles input by one agent or a hundred, makes client and policy information easy to find, and is responsive and reliable.
Following is a short list of what to check when reviewing CRM programs:
– Ease of use — input, output, navigation and reporting
– Ability to scan and preserve documents electronically
– Ability to document client conversations
– Custom search — for effective prospecting and cross-selling
– Ability to import existing databases
– Quality of training and technical support
– Ability to manage and document workflows
– Integration with accounting software
– Custom reports (production, commission, renewals, etc.)
– Generate forms and documents
– Supports creating and documenting email and postal mail to clients
– Carrier downloads — ability to have carriers send policy information directly to the software
– Comparative rater
Agents should have two monitors per workstation. Generous screen geography makes it easier for agents and CSRs to compare policies and many other tasks requiring review of multiple documents or programs.
A multi-page scanner allows for creating electronic documents from paper such as applications with signatures, waivers and any other supporting documents. With all of the documents available in the CRM, agents save time and space reviewing, securing, preserving and retrieving the documents when they need them.
There are many software solutions in the marketplace, with a wide range of features, quality of support and price tags. The following systems are popular for a reason:
– Applied Systems’ Epic
– Vertafore’s AMS360
Look for a system that has all of the features the agency needs and streamlines an agent’s ability to process business. Consider a cloud-based solution versus a server-based program. Several companies offer demos and nothing beats hands-on experience when it comes to choosing business tools.
Learn More About ASI
ASI is one of the largest homeowners insurance carriers in the United States. Through a network of independent agents, the company offers home, condo, renters, dwelling, fire and flood insurance in over half the country, with plans to cover the rest by 2017. Find out more at americanstrategic.com.